Whistler Events and Activities
- Elevation: Village 670m (2,198ft)
- Population: 9,248 permanent residents as of 2006.
- Approximately 125kms (78 miles) north of Vancouver
- Accommodations: 115 hotels / condos / B&B's offering more than 8,400 rooms.
- Restaurants / Lounges / Bars: Approximately 93
- Retail Shops: Approximately 207
- Public Library
- Swimming Pool at Meadow Park Sports Centre
- Ice Rink - public skating at Meadow Park
- Indoor tennis courts
- Spa facilities / Beauty Salons
- Movie theatre and video rentals
- Church Services
Why choose Whistler?
Our stats and rankings speak for themselves. Here's a brief overview:
- Greatest vertical/usable terrain for skiing/riding and other winter sports in North America.
- Consistently ranked in the top 5 for North American resorts selected by industry magazines such as SKI, SKIING, Powder, TransWorld Snowboarding and more.
- Best parks & pipes in North America.
- Largest above tree line terrain and bowls in North America.
- Long ski season with spring skiing and riding until mid-June.
- Amazing BC après ski and nightlife.
- World class shopping and dining.
- Glacier skiing – the only resort in North America where you can ski or ride on a glacier, right in the heart of the British Columbia mountains.
- Luxurious homes and townhomes nestled into the mountains
- And last but not least, we are also known for our friendly, Canadian hospitality!