Whistler Events and Activities
Welcome! Enjoy all that that Whistler has to offer. Enjoy Olympic grade ski and snowboarding runs or experience Peak-to-Peak!
- Elevation: Village 670m (2,198ft)
- Population: 9,248 permanent residents as of 2006.
- Approximately 125kms (78 miles) north of Vancouver
- Accommodations: 115 hotels / condos / B&B's offering more than 8,400 rooms.
- Restaurants / Lounges / Bars: Approximately 93
- Retail Shops: Approximately 207
- Public Library
- Swimming Pool at Meadow Park Sports Centre
- Ice Rink - public skating at Meadow Park
- Indoor tennis courts
- Spa facilities / Beauty Salons
- Movie theatre and video rentals
- Church Services
Why choose Whistler?
Our stats and rankings speak for themselves. Here's a brief overview:
- Greatest vertical/usable terrain for skiing/riding and other winter sports in North America.
- Consistently ranked in the top 5 for North American resorts selected by industry magazines such as SKI, SKIING, Powder, TransWorld Snowboarding and more.
- Best parks & pipes in North America.
- Largest above tree line terrain and bowls in North America.
- Long ski season with spring skiing and riding until mid-June.
- Amazing BC après ski and nightlife.
- World class shopping and dining.
- Glacier skiing – the only resort in North America where you can ski or ride on a glacier, right in the heart of the British Columbia mountains.
- Luxurious homes and townhomes nestled into the mountains
- And last but not least, we are also known for our friendly, Canadian hospitality!
Ask about discounted lift tickets, equipment rentals, heli skiing, snowcat skiing, winter activities, ground transportation and current specials.
WEDDINGS - we can set you up with a wedding planner, marriage commissioner, photographer, accommodation, and venue options.
Corporations, large groups, conferences, schools – Contact us directly for discounts!
Ski packages. Golf packages.
Click on the image below to get directions to Whistler